Saturday, October 19, 2013

Xiaolin Showdown Jack Vs Chronicles Jack

Hey, Halie again.

This time we are seeing Jack VS Jack.  Feel free to post your own thoughts in the comments portion. As always I don't own Xiaolin showdown/Chronicles or anything like that. I am merely stating what I think.

Now, Showdown Jack is a whiny crybaby with a big ego. A boy who never gives up even when he gets kicked down. Easily tricked, but everyone somehow loves him(fans, not anyone in the show). He is never seen as a real threat, more of an annoyance. He also is a momma's boy and stays home with his parents in a rather nice house. He also is pretty smart considering I could never build a robot let alone one with a mind of it's own. lol. From what I know of, everyone loves Jack scared and panicking since it is so funny. He also is the only person in the show who uses the Shen gong wu like any normal person would. Jack is pretty much like one of us except he's in the world of the shen gong wu. He is also a fan of Chase Young and Hannibal Roy Bean. He wants to be seen as an equal so he is eager to please, yet at the same time if they aren't their he will diss them to try to seem cool. And He has a helipack which he uses to go everywhere and always has it on.

Chronicles Jack, reminds me of doctor Frankenstein. His new pad is a spooky greenhouse in a dark area that looks abandoned. Did his parents kick him out? He has robots still and a slim down version of Cyclops which showed up like once. He is still whiny and trying to take over the world with his impressive lair (for a teenage boy that is really impressive). We learn more about his allergies and other odd things. However he seems to have ditched his signature helipack for a car? It is like a mobile science lab/lair. Maybe he is 16 and is now legally able to drive now??? We have yet to see his misuse of the shen gong wu except lording over that he had one. He doesn't have as amusing screams as he did in showdown, but he seems to have grown up.

Truth be told I don't find much wrong with this new Jack. However he is less funny, I can't put my finger on why yet. Maybe the way he talks?(phrasing) and Jack does cry a lot less. I miss that.  Maybe explain how come he doesn't live at home anymore would be a good idea. I hope in the future he will be a bit more like himself which was a highly amusing, very realistic character that every fan could say "Uht yeah, I would do that too."

1 comment:

  1. I wonder myself why Jack moved out of his parents house. I think it's because Jack is now a young adult and wants to live on his own and be more independent. I think he's an adult in XC because he drives an RV which you have to be 25 or older to own and this show is a sequel meaning the characters may be a little older. I kind of like the new Jack especially his design, but his personality I'm not really a fan of. He just seems a little OOC. He's a bigger man child than he was in XS.

    ReplyDelete